Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 5.5% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 3.5% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 3.3% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 2.1% today.
- City National Corp (CYN): CYN stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.2% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 1.9% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.