Healthcare stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is up 8.7% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 9.0% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 7.2% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 5.4% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 3.1% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.8% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.