Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.7% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 0.8% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 0.6% today.
- Endologix Inc (ELGX): ELGX stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 1.5% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.