Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 5.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 4.9% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.5% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 2.7% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.6% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.2% today and up 22.3% in the last month.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 8.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.5% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.