Capital goods stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 13.1% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.8% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 1.2% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 3.4% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 1.1% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 1.2% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 1.5% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.