Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 0.7% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 0.3% today.
- Bunge Limited (BG): BG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 0.1% today.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 2.7% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.