Energy stocks advanced 1.7% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 7.3% today and up 29.1% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 6.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 6.2% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 6.2% today and up 46.8% in the last month.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 5.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 6.4% today and up 34.9% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 7.1% today and up 34.4% in the last month.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 4.4% today and up 29.3% in the last month.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.2% today and up 31.5% in the last month.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 4.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 6.8% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.