Utilities stocks fell 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 4.0% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 2.7% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is down 1.9% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.