Utilities stocks declined 1.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.1% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 2.0% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.9% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 1.8% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.