Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.6%, the Nasdaq declined 1.9% and the S&P 500 was down 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 0.6% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 0.3% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 5.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 5.1% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 4.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 4.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 4.0% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 3.7% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 3.7% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 3.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.5% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.