Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 3.3% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 0.2% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 0.2% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 3.6% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 2.5% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 2.3% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.6% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.