Energy stocks finished up 2.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.2% and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 4.7% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 4.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 3.3% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.4% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.