Energy stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is up 6.3% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.5% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.9% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 4.7% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 3.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 4.3% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 4.9% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 1.8% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 0.4% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.