Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- California Resources Corporatio (CRC): CRC stock is up 6.7% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 3.8% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Federal Signal Corp (FSS): FSS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is down 4.1% today.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 0.4% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.