Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is up 2.5% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 2.4% today.
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB): FNB stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Astoria Financial Corp (AF): AF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK): BK stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 3.9% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 1.1% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is down 1.1% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 0.7% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.6% today.
- UBS Ag Ordinary Shares When Iss (UBS): UBS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.