Services stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Netease Inc (NTES): NTES stock is up 3.7% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is up 3.3% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Meredith Corp (MDP): MDP stock is up 3.2% today.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is up 3.0% today.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL): CBRL stock is up 2.9% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is up 2.7% today.
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Advance Auto Parts Inc (AAP): AAP stock is down 3.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is down 1.5% today.
- GNC Holdings Inc (GNC): GNC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is down 1.4% today.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Autonation Inc (AN): AN stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust (RPT): RPT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is down 1.2% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.