Basic materials stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 1.5% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.3% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.