Basic materials stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 1.5% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.3% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.