Capital goods stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 2.1% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 1.8% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 1.7% today.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is down 0.5% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 0.3% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 0.1% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.