Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq was down 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.6% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.3% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.3% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.5% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 3.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.