Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 3.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 2.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 2.2% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 2.3% today and up 33.8% in the last month.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.