Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 1.6% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is down 1.2% today and down 33.3% in the last month.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.