Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.8% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.7% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.1% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.8% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 0.4% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.