Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.2% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.1% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.0% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 0.2% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.