Basic materials stocks remained flat on Monday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 1.2% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 1.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.4% to a new 52-week low of $11.05.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.