Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 6.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.3% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.9% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 3.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.8% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 3.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 1.3% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 0.7% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.