Utilities stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 1.9% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 62.5% today and down 63.2% in the last month.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.9% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.