Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.8% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.3% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 2.7% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 2.3% today and down 65.3% in the last month.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 1.8% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 1.7% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.