Utilities stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was up 0.5% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 2.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 1.1% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.3% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.