Basic materials stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 3.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.7% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.