Basic materials stocks fell 1.6% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 0.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.2% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 7.5% today and down 24.6% in the last month.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 6.5% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 6.3% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 6.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 5.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 5.4% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 5.6% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 4.8% today and down 20.4% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 4.8% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 4.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.