Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 12.6% today.
- Fidelity National Information Services (FIS): FIS stock is up 5.7% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.5% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 3.4% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Tree.Com (TREE): TREE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 2.6% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE): UVE stock is down 2.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.