Financial stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.2% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 3.6% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is down 2.9% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 3.0% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is down 2.7% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 2.7% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.