Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $26.85.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 3.0% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.4% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 2.2% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Northwest Bancshares (NWBI): NWBI stock is up 2.1% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Blackrock Preferred (BTZ): BTZ stock is down 0.5% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.