Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.4% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.4% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 3.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 1.4% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 1.2% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.