Energy stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 7.9% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 6.4% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 5.3% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 4.3% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 5.5% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 3.3% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is down 4.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 5.2% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 1.2% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.