Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 0.4% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 6.3% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 6.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 6.2% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 5.3% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 5.2% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 5.5% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 3.9% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 4.5% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.1% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 3.9% today and down 58.3% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.