Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is up 2.1% today.
- American Financial Group (AFG): AFG stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is up 2.1% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banner Corp (BANR): BANR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 7.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 1.7% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.