Basic materials stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 7.3% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 6.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 5.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 5.2% today and up 21.2% in the last month.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 5.2% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is up 4.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 5.5% today and up 32.2% in the last month.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 3.8% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.4% today and down 25.9% in the last month.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.8% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.4% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.