Financial stocks finished up 1.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 1.2% and the S&P 500 increased 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Blackrock (BLK): BLK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 2.1% today.
- Astoria Financial Corp (AF): AF stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.