Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Imax Corp (IMAX): IMAX stock is up 5.0% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Ryder System (R): R stock is up 3.1% today.
- Carmax Inc (KMX): KMX stock is up 3.1% today.
- American Campus Communities Inc (ACC): ACC stock is up 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR): EXR stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Education Realty Trust Inc (EDR): EDR stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is down 4.4% today.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Dominion Midstream Partners LP (DM): DM stock is down 1.6%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hyatt Hotels Corp (H): H stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Macy’s Inc (M): M stock is down 1.2% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.