Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Resource Capital (RSO): RSO stock is up 9.8% today and up 299.4% in the last month.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is up 4.2% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Team Health Holdings (TMH): TMH stock is up 3.5% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is up 3.5% today.
- O’Reilly Automotive (ORLY): ORLY stock is up 3.5% today.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lexington Realty Trust (LXP): LXP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rogers Communication (RCI): RCI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Shaw Communications Inc (SJR): SJR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cys Investments Inc (CYS): CYS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW): OWW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Education Realty Trust Inc (EDR): EDR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is down 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.