Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Resource Capital (RSO): RSO stock is up 9.8% today and up 299.4% in the last month.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is up 4.2% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Team Health Holdings (TMH): TMH stock is up 3.5% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is up 3.5% today.
- O’Reilly Automotive (ORLY): ORLY stock is up 3.5% today.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lexington Realty Trust (LXP): LXP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rogers Communication (RCI): RCI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Shaw Communications Inc (SJR): SJR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cys Investments Inc (CYS): CYS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW): OWW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Education Realty Trust Inc (EDR): EDR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is down 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.