Utilities stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.7% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 3.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 2.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.