Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Friday, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 4.3% today and up 55.8% in the last month.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 1.7% today and up 32.3% in the last month.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 7.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 6.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 6.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 5.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 3.4% today and down 38.4% in the last month.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 3.2% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.2% today and down 23.4% in the last month.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.