Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 2.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 2.5% today.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Helen of Troy Ltd (HELE): HELE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 1.9% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 1.9% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Shanda Games Ltd (GAME): GAME stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.