Energy stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 5.2% today and up 32.6% in the last month.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 4.4% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 3.3% today and up 24.0% in the last month.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 3.1% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.