Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW): OWW stock is up 6.5% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Genesco Inc (GCO): GCO stock is up 3.6% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Six Flags Entertainment Corp (SIX): SIX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Imax Corp (IMAX): IMAX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors (SHO): SHO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Brink’s Company (BCO): BCO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is up 3.1% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is up 3.1% today.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): AEO stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Centurylink (CTL): CTL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR): EXR stock is down 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Antero Resources Midstream Llc (AM): AM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Taubman Centers (TCO): TCO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Amn Healthcare Services Inc (AHS): AHS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is down 0.5% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Unifirst Corp (UNF): UNF stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.