Utilities stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.7% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.6% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 0.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.6% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.