Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 19.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 3.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 2.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 2.2% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd (NAT): NAT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is down 0.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.