Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 1391.3% today and up 923.9% in the last month.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 6.6% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 6.7% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 6.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 6.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 6.0% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 4.7% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 4.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 5.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 2.1% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.7% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.4% today and down 30.7% in the last month.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.