- Williams was named the new COO of Groupon back in June.
- He is the former head of marketing for the company.
- The new Groupon CEO made his name working with Amazon‘s (NASDAQ:AMZN) marketing and advertising team.
- ”As CEO, my top priority is to unlock the long-term growth potential in the business by demonstrating everything the new Groupon has to offer,” said Williams.
- He added that he plans to increase investment in marketing and turn the company’s attention on the sale of physical goods with higher profit margins.
GRPN stock is down 27.3% Wednesday. AMZN stock is up 2.95%.
More From InvestorPlace:
- Is the Under Armour Stock Split a Raw Deal for UA Owners?
- Grab These 1% Stocks while They Are Cheap
- 5 Boom or Bust Energy Stocks to Buy